With a Travel Guard travel insurance policy, you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. All pilgrims on a Verso Ministries pilgrimage are recommended to purchase travel insurance in advance of their departure, just for those unplanned situations when you need a helping hand.
Travel Guard Gold Plan
Cover your trip investment from those unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip. The Gold Plan provides valuable coverage at an affordable price and includes a waiver of Pre-existing Medical Condition Exclusion if insurance is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip payment.
Coverage per person
100% of Insured Trip Cost
150% of Insured Trip Cost
150% of Insured Trip Cost
Trip Interruption (Return Air Only)
Trip Delay (Maximum $150/day)
Baggage and Personal Effects
Accident Sickness Medical Expense
Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Coverage varies by state. For complete coverage information, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance or Policy for your state of residency prior to purchase by visiting www.TravelGuard.com.
The following will be included if elected and appropriate costs have been paid. Optional coverages will vary by state.
Cancel for Any Reason
(Can only be purchased at the time the base plan is purchased and within 15 days of Initial Trip payment)
50% or 75% of Insured Trip Cost
(Up to a Max. of $500,000)
Medical Expense and Emergency Evacuation Optional Upgrades:
Accident Sickness Medical Expense
Hospital of Choice
The following non-insurance services are provided by Travel Guard and are included with purchase any travel insurance policy:
At no additional charge, the plan covers children age 17 and under who are traveling with and related to the primary adult named on the enrollment form. Offer does not apply to optional coverages. For your plan to include “kids at no additional cost,” the child’s trip cost must be equal to or less than the adult traveler(s) trip cost.
For trips over $10,000, or trips exceeding 30 days, visit www.TravelGuard.com or call 1.800.826.1300. Pricing available up to $100,000 trip cost. You must insure all prepaid, non-refundable portions of your trip. Coverage must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to departure. All travelers listed on this plan must reside at the same address. If any travelers reside at a different address, a separate plan must be purchased.
Benefits to purchase within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment
(when coverage is purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment)
* Not available to residents of MT.
** Not available to residents of MT and NY.
***Medical Expense coverage is automatically primary for residents of AK, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MT, NY, SD, TX and WA.
Verso Ministries recommends that all travelers purchase a travel insurance policy to safeguard against those unforeseen circumstances that arise before or during your trip. A travel insurance policy covers your trip investment in the event you have a qualifying reason for cancellation (e.g. sickness, injury, or death of you, a family member, traveling companion, or business partner), you miss a flight cancellation due to Inclement Weather, if you get hurt or sick while you are traveling and incur necessary medical expenses, and a host of other unforeseen circumstances. Travel insurance also comes with many additional benefits should as worldwide travel assistance and concierge services.
- It’s 10 p.m. You’ve just landed at the airport to catch your connection home. Your family is tired and wants their own beds. But now, you just found out your flight has been cancelled. This isn’t fun. So, who will find you a flight home?
- You’ve lost your bag. And your bag had your meds. So you need to find your bag ASAP. Who can help you find that bag or refill your emergency prescription?
- Ah, Europe. You’ve waited to take in all the grandeur new and old. But someone not very nice just stole your passport and wallet. Yikes! You need emergency cash. You need a new passport. You need someone who can get things done fast. Who is that someone?
- Uh oh. You’re in an accident and the medical treatment you need is not happening way out there. That means a medical evacuation. Are you going to coordinate all of that alone after you’ve been in an accident?
- Your extended family has been planning the annual reunion for months. But hours before you take off, your sister-in-law gets too sick to go. So everyone decides to cancel. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments? Who can help with reimbursement?
- You arrive in the Holy Land, but your luggage doesn’t. Who will find it? Who will pay for your travel necessities until you are reunited with your beloved bag? And if it is gone for good (we’re sorry), who will cover all the stuff you just lost?
- You’re walking down a historic old street in Rome. It’s amazing. Then suddenly, ouch, you twist your ankle big time. You need a doctor, but not just any doctor. One who preferably understands English. Okay, how will you find this doctor in a city of millions of people?
- A reality is that terror can strike anywhere. Three weeks before your trip, an incident occurs where you are headed. Maybe you still go. Or maybe you decide to cancel your trip. If you do, who is going to get your money back?
Interested travelers can purchase travel insurance during booking on the Verso Ministries website. If you do not purchase a policy during booking, you will get a quote emailed to you after booking. You can also receive a quote anytime by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 383-9396.
Each policy is based on the age of traveler at the time of departure and the total trip cost.
No, you can choose to ensure any amount of the trip cost per person, up to the total amount paid.
You can purchase travel insurance any time, but coverage must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to departure. However, for the maximum benefits available, you should purchase coverage within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment and registration.
Yes, you can still purchase travel insurance up until 24 hours prior to departure. Email us at email@example.com or call us at (574) 383-9396 to get a quote.
Please refer to www.TravelGuard.com for full details about your travel insurance policy. Verso Ministries recommends that you examine your potential policy in detail so you understand the full terms and conditions of the policy.
If you have purchased a Travel Guard travel insurance policy and need to file a claim or check status of a submitted claim, please website the Travel Guard website at www.TravelGuard.com.
Contact us today to get a quote for your upcoming pilgrimage