Through love, we can protect life.
Pilgrimage to the March for Life in Washington D.C.
Through love, God created life. Through love, we can protect life. By marching in Washington D.C,. we magnify our voice so that our love may be heard in opposition to the injustices of abortion laws. Join us in our pilgrimage to celebrate life and advocate for the unborn in January of 2022. Along the way, you’ll experience some of D.C’s best sacred and historical sites.
Discover it For Yourself
Be the next chapter in the storied history of March for Life. Since 1974, the March for Life in our nation’s capital has been an outstanding, peaceful demonstration of pro-life advocates from all over the country. Walk arm in arm with those who believe in the Right to Life as an unborn child. We have the opportunity to show up with love, and be a real voice for change.
Being pro-life is all about supporting life from conception through natural death. More than anything, taking part in the March for Life is a chance to celebrate life in all its forms in addition to the beauty and dignity of each and every life. The March for Life can be a turning point in your relationships, your life, and your faith as you become immersed in the transformative impact of the celebration of life itself.
When you're not joining others in the March, you’ll have the opportunity to visit some of D.C.’s most amazing sites. Celebrate Mass at the beautiful Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Experience history at the Smithsonian and Holocaust Memorial Museum. Tour the Tour the Saint John Paul II National Shrine. You’ll come away with a sense of God’s love and beauty shown throughout history.
(Itinerary shown does not include flights to/from pilgrimage.)
Welcome to D.C.
Your pilgrimage begins when you leave Omaha for an overnight motorcoach ride to Washington D.C. Upon arrival on Day 2, you will have the chance to celebrate Mass and experience the grandeur of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, the largest Roman-Catholic church in North America. There will then be time for dinner at Union Station, and finally you’ll have time at the hotel to decompress from the road trip as well as prepare for the days ahead! This is a great day for you to pray, meet new people, and think about what you want to get out of this trip.
Praying and Sightseeing
Today is dedicated to prayer at the local Planned Parenthood location for mothers, their children, and any who may be confronted with, or impacted by the choice of life. After a morning of prayer you will have time to tour some of D.C.’s most iconic sites such as the National Mall, the Smithsonian, the Holocaust Memorial Museum, and the Cathedral of St. Matthew. Here at Verso Ministries we believe that everything is sacred, and Washington D.C. is full of history with over 100 unique Museums and beautiful Holy Sites. We invite you to explore and soak it all in!
Right to Life March
The March for Life festivities will begin with a pre-rally concert in the morning followed by a March for Life Rally on the grounds of the National Mall. You will then begin in the March in the afternoon at National Mall and you will likely finish in the late afternoon near the Senate and House of Representative offices. The March is a decades-old peaceful tradition where you have the opportunity to respectfully protest the legalization of abortion as a result of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision. After the March, you will have time to eat and reflect, in addition to dedicated time to come together as a group to process, pray, and debrief.
Days to Reflect, Remember, and Return
The last couple days of your pilgrimage will be spent journeying home to Nebraska. But before you leave, you will encounter the life and legacy of Saint John Paul II at the National Shrine. At the Shrine you will celebrate Mass amidst beautiful golden mosaics in the Redemptor Hominis Church, pray at the first-class blood relic of St. John Paul II in the Luminous Mysteries Chapel, and discover the man who became St. JP II and his witness of mercy and love. The trip home will be filled with community and reflection, of course leaving time for any stops for rest or meals you may need.
Details and Deadlines
Spot Reservations must be made by a Group Leader from a school or parish within the Archdiocese of Omaha. Individual pilgrims must register as part of a school or parish that has reserved spots.
Spot Reservation Details
- Group Spot Reservation will open for Group Leaders to submit reservations on Monday, August 2, 2021. The deadline to submit reservations is Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
- Group Leaders are welcome to reserve as many spots as they wish by filling out the Spot Reservation form – click “Group Spot Reservation” to access the form.
- Groups will be responsible for paying the deposit ($50/person) for the number of spots reserved through the Spot Reservation form. Please note there is no cost for priests or religious sisters or brothers to attend.
- Once the form is submitted and reviewed, Verso Ministries will email the leader an invoice showing the total deposit amount due.
- Verso Ministries will also provide the leader with a “referral code” along with their invoice. The group-specific referral code is to be entered during registration by all pilgrims so Verso and the Archdiocese know to which parish/school/group the pilgrim is connected.
- All deposit payments are due to Verso Ministries by Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
- Payments must be paid via check and can be mailed to Verso Ministries at P.O. Box 986, Notre Dame, IN 46556.
- Group Leaders will receive a refund for all filled spots upon the completion of the pilgrimage to the March for Life 2022. All deposits for unused spots are non-refundable.
- Please note: The Add/Drop deadline to increase or reduce group size is September 30, 2021. This means that a group leader can add spots if they have more pilgrims who want to register than initially planned for. If reserved spots are dropped by this date, the $50 deposit is retained, but the group will not have to pay the remaining balance of $510 for the dropped spot.
Deadlines for Group Leaders
- August 2: Spot Reservation opens for Group Leaders
- August 31: Spot Reservation closes
- September 14: Spot Reservation deposits due to Verso Ministries
- September 30: Add/drop deadline
Pricing & Details
- Deposit: $50/person
- Balance due October 29, 2021
Please note: All pilgrims must register as part of a parish or school group
- All March for Life events
- Tickets for visits listed on itinerary
- Catholic chaplains and daily Mass
- Private transportation
- Standard accommodations
- Breakfast daily at hotel and 1 sack lunch
- Donations for Mass and gratuities
- Pilgrim kit, including booklet, hat and t-shirt
All payments are non-refundable upon submission. Substitutions are possible until November 30, 2021, but must be requested by Group Leader to Verso Ministries on behalf of pilgrims.
Are you a priest or religious brother or sister?
All applicants must be current high school students who live within the Archdiocese of Omaha. Amounts will be awarded according to the merit of the Youth Essay and the financial need of the pilgrim’s household. Applying for aid does not hold your registration spot. Register starting August 17.
Two scholarships available:
- Nebraska Knights of Columbus Culture of Life Foundation – $50+
- Full Scholarship – $510
Scholarship Applications are due 11:59 p.m. September 30th. Awards will be communicated October 7th with Parents/Guardians and Parish/School Group Leaders. Verso Ministries will send updated final invoices to scholarship winners accordingly.